Monday 13 July 2009

Wonderlast


Despite being a perfectionist, when I leave the house and am ready for the day touching up is the last thing I worry about. Once my makeup is done I very rarely do anything else to it, unless I am going somewhere special for the evening.

To tell you the truth I am not a fan of long-lasting lipsticks or glosses as the ones I have tried (mainly Maybelline and MAC) have been so drying. Since my lips get chapped very easily, I would rather just wear lip balm all day, or re-apply lippie, than walk around with flakey lips.. yuck!

Therefore, I was very pleasantly surprised by Sleek's new Wonderlast lipglosses as after 3 days of continuous wear my lips did not feel dry or sensitive. I would not say it is moisturising, or nourishing for the lips, but it certainly was not as harsh as other long-lasting lipsticks I have used! I chose the shade Purity - a nude milky rose pink that would be a flattering colour on most skin tones.
This is what the wonderlast step 1 colour side looks like when applied with the sponge doe foot applicator provided.
It is a matte finish lipstick and is well pigmented. One thin coat managed to considerably tone down my naturally very red lips. Before applying step 2, the gloss, it is recommended you should wait 45 seconds for the lipstick to dry, but I had to wait a little longer as after a minute it was still a little tacky.

This is how the finished product looks with the clear gloss applied on top. This side has a brush similar to MAC's lustreglass/ dazzleglass, which I prefer as I feel it gives you more control. The gloss smells really yummy, like coconut, and has a wonderful smooth finish with zero stickiness!
After 2-3 hours of wear, including a meal and a drink, the colour held up well, though it is definitely less glossy.Overall I was honestly impressed with Wonderlast, and even more impressed by the price being £3.91 in Superdrug. There are 8 shades available and I shall definitely be going to check out more! I think they are even doing a deal now where you can buy two for £6.99.

Do you guys like long-lasting glosses? Do you have any favourites?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ooh that shade is very very pretty! It looks gorgeous! I love rose lipsticks/glosses they always appeal to me the most :) xoxo Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite sad that I haven't found Sleek in Canada. I would love to try that. I'll have to order some online :) It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, finally there is a non-drying formular available and the colour is so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking the look of that shade! Maybelline do a very similar one but it is really drying I agree. Wish I had a Superdrug that stocked Sleek nearby now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice of colour! Its very versatile but unfortunately can't get it here in Perth:( Love your pics! Gorgeous as usual! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hihi! anybody knows any other brands that have a similar colour? dont have that brand here bt i love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also don't like long lasting lip stuff, it dries my lips out too! But I usually apply Urban Decay's 24/7 clear lip pencil (the white one) and then a lip balm on top, with whatever gloss. The lip pencil works so well, you should try it if you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that color lipstick- I'll have to look for it here in the states-
    Lovely blog!

    Thxs
    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig