Tuesday 22 February 2011

E.L.F. Mango Madness

I have been a fan of E.L.F. polishes for quite some time. They have a brilliant choice of colours and finishes, and at just £1.50 make the perfect guilt free purchase. With Valentine's day approaching last week I decided to switch up my french manicure for something a little more fun and romantic. I decided to go for one of the new colours in the range called Mango Madness.

In the bottle this colour is absolutely stunning - a warm pink flecked with the finest gold shimmers that glow in the light. In the past I have found ELF polished to be opaque and long wearing, however this one didn't quite live up to its promises. Mango Madness is a sheer polish, so much so that after 4 coats of colour I could still see the french manicure peeking through. It did dry very fast so by the time I was done with one hand I could reapply another coat on the other, but still I found this very arduous! I was also surprised that it dried fairly matte and the gold shimmer wasn't as visible as it had been in the bottle. I topped it off with my trusty Seche Vite, but as you can see the results weren't quite as vibrant as I had expected.
Excuse the ridiculous amount of growth, I am overdue for infills! This photo was taken a week after application so there has been some considerable tip wear. However, you can see just how sheer the polish is after 4 coats of colour, and how different it look on the nails as opposed to in the bottle - I would say it is more of an orangey coral than a peachy pink.

I have never had this before with ELF polishes, and to tell you the truth it's not something that worries me since I still like the colour, and if I didn't have french tips underneath it would be opaque enough to cover the natural markings on my nails. I maintain my love of these polishes and will continue to purchase and recommend them regardless of this minor mishap as they are fantastic value for money. Check them out here!

Have you tried any ELF polishes? What have been you experiences? Do yo have any favourites? xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. 4 coats and it still isn't a true color!? :( that's sad. if a polish isn't what I expect it to be after 2 coats I don't even bother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a shame as it looks sooo good in the bottle!

    I hope you don't mind me asking but I see you commented on Zara's blog saying you stayed at the same hotel - could you please tell me which hotel it is as I'm looking to book soon and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog!

    please check out mine www.sugarpuf.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun, pretty nails, 4 coats! Have you tried applying a white as a base first? Might help the colour pay off xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got the black from ELF. I applied two coats, but one would have been fine. The black is super pigmented! I had such a good experience I was planning on buying more colors, now I'll have to be careful. I certainly don't want to apply 4 coats?!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig