Wednesday 16 February 2011

Introducing... Batiste Tones

When I was told that my beloved Batiste Brunette was to be phased out I almost panicked. I have tried many a dry shampoo, but this has always been a favourite. Dry shampoo is a hair essential due to its versatility and speed in adding texture, volume and making third day hair presentable again. So let me introduce you to Batiste's latest offering... Tones.
The three tones - light, medium and dark are designed to blend with all hair colours. Initially I was unsure of which would be most suitable for my hair, so I was sent both the medium and dark to test out. Prepare yourself for probably the most hideous swatches to have ever been shown on a beauty blog ;).

As you can see dark is a deep, rich brown/ black, while medium is a warm toned brown. Medium works perfectly on my hair, but I think it would also suit red hair pretty well. As with all Batistes a little goes a long way, so the colour is not as visible as above, and I could easily use the dark too. The application with the tones is the real selling point as there is no white powder left behind that has to be disguised. Spray and go!

Have you tried the new Batiste tones? xxx

Follow my blog with bloglovin 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I bought the dark one to use and it makes my roots look grey, however little I use! Really disappointed. I think I'll try the medium one and hope that works better on my hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for sharing. good to know that the regular batiste is being discontinued. customers at the store i work at go crazy over it!
    @Emily: thanks for sharing about the dark one..... Maybe it would work for my hair?
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.. VividFusion ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    VividFusion on Youtube
    VividFusion on Facebook
    VividFusion on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent tried this one, but to respond to Emily - I feel like ANY dry shampoo ends up looking a little grey on extremly dark/black hair :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same problem as everyone else. Grey roots :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Batiste too, I have blond(ish) hair so the normal one works a treat for me, however i have noticed a serious price increase lately. Some of my followers said flour works well too! Flour?!?!! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the darkest one for my very dark brown hair and it too came out grey on my roots :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. The information You are providing is nice But we at Browhaus also believe in inducing a state of fashion that goes towards the end delivery of style.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig