Saturday 30 May 2015

Review: Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.100

I don’t write a huge number of fragrance reviews as I think that scent is so personal. Smells are the strongest conjurers of memories and certain scents can immediately transport you back in time. My favourite scent of all time is roses as my mum fed me with rose jam as a baby so it has always been a deeply comforting and calming scent. However, every now and then I come across a perfume that I am compelled to write about as I think it is so universally appealing. Liz Earle’s Botanical Essence No.100 is exactly that! I have been obsessed with it from the first inhale and I just can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t be enamoured with it! A quick look through all the glowing reviews on the website quickly reconfirmed this!
It is described as a fresh floral fragrance and while it is slightly sweet it is also very breezy and uplifting. For me it evokes light, fresh Summer days as it is floral, yet not too heady or old-fashioned. It is described as the joy of entering a British florist’s shop and is a contemporary celebration of some of the most precious ingredients you will find on a perfumer’s palette. Over 89% derived from natural ingredients, blossoming notes of Damask rose, orange flower and Indian jasmine are gently entwined by the subtle sensuality of cypress, sandalwood and Bourbon vanilla, finished with the light, transcendent clarity of mandarin and bergamot.

Originally created as a limited edition in partnership with the Royal Horticultural Society to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Chelsea Flower Show, Botanical Essence No.100 returns by popular demand to feature as a permanent addition in the Liz Earle fine fragrance collection and I couldn’t be happier as it has quickly become one of my all-time favourites!

The full list of notes making up this wonderful perfume are:

· Clove leaf – for its spice
· Damask rose – floral (and my absolute favourite)
· Geranium – uplifting and in perfect harmony with rose
· Ylang ylang – floral and sweet
· Vetiver – floral yet woody
· Orange flower water – always beautiful
· Bergamot – fresh and zesty
· Cyperus – woody
· Mandarin– sweet and floral
· Indian Jasmine – sensual and romantic
· Sandalwood – woody and calming

Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.100 retails for £49 here.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig